- RSS Channel Showcase 8287626
- RSS Channel Showcase 4638965
- RSS Channel Showcase 5541450
- RSS Channel Showcase 8750405
Articles on this Page
- 09/23/15--13:53: _Virtus Lightens the...
- 10/12/15--15:08: _40mm Missile Extend...
- 10/14/15--06:29: _Americanized RPG-7 ...
- 02/16/16--10:15: _IAI’s ROTEM – Tacti...
- 03/04/16--03:46: _Russian Army Evalua...
- 03/25/16--13:12: _DARPA Seeks New Tec...
- 03/26/16--11:50: _MKU Unveils Body Ar...
- 06/01/16--12:17: _Dogo – a Weaponized...
- 10/04/16--10:21: _Increasing Infantry...
- 12/12/16--14:47: _Startup Ventures Sh...
- 01/12/17--04:37: _An Austrian Assault...
- 01/20/17--00:25: _Sig Sauer’s P320 Se...
- 05/29/17--06:30: _Rafael’s ‘Smarter’ ...
- 05/29/17--16:34: _Tactical Augmented ...
- 09/11/17--14:02: _Thales Introduces t...
- 07/15/17--15:33: _Defense Innovations...
- 11/14/17--00:15: _Heavy Laden Troops ...
- 11/19/17--02:04: _Meprolight’s Multis...
- 11/22/17--15:09: _WEAPONS & SIGHTS AT...
- 09/23/15--13:53: Virtus Lightens the Load for British Combat Troops
- 10/12/15--15:08: 40mm Missile Extends Grenade Launcher’s Range Beyond 2,000 Meters
- 10/14/15--06:29: Americanized RPG-7 is Ready to Serve
- 02/16/16--10:15: IAI’s ROTEM – Tactical Multirotor Killer Drone
- 03/04/16--03:46: Russian Army Evaluates a New, Disposable Rocket Launcher
- 03/25/16--13:12: DARPA Seeks New Technologies for the Future Dismounted Squad
- 06/01/16--12:17: Dogo – a Weaponized Robot Designed for Close Combat
- 10/04/16--10:21: Increasing Infantry Overmatch with Advanced Shoulder Fired Weapons
- 01/20/17--00:25: Sig Sauer’s P320 Selected for the Army’s Next Service Pistol
- 09/11/17--14:02: Thales Introduces the F90MBR Modular Assault Rifle
- 07/15/17--15:33: Defense Innovations Spotted at ISDEF 2017
- 11/14/17--00:15: Heavy Laden Troops Max Performance with Motion Assist Systems
- 11/19/17--02:04: Meprolight’s Multispectral Sight Spans Day & Night Operations
- 11/22/17--15:09: WEAPONS & SIGHTS AT MILIPOL 2017
Source Tactical Gear this month began deliveries of the new Virtus 'Scalable Tactical Vest' (STV) to the UK Ministry of Defense (MOD), under a new multi-annual contract awarded earlier in 2015. Under the contract the Israeli company will deliver 14,000 Virtus soldier combat suite kits this year, to be followed by annual deliveries of about 10,000 kits through 2017.
Standard single-tube grenade launchers demonstrated hitting targets beyond 2 kilometers, using Raytheon's Pike precision guided missiles
The US weapon manufacturer AirTronic USA is offering its Precision, Shoulder-fired Rocket Launcher (PSRL), anticipating future requirements for simple and effective weapon
IAI MBT has designed as a small, quad-rotor based loitering weapon called ROTEM, that is uniquely built to support dismounted combatants and special operations in urban warfare, offering effective, indirect observation and engagement of targets from an elevated position.
The Russian Armed Forces are testing a new, yet unnamed disposable rocket-propelled grenade launcher.
To succeed in their missions, military units must have a robust, multi-faceted picture of their operational environments, including the location, nature and activity of both threats and allied forces around them. Technology is making this kind of rich, real-time situational awareness increasingly available to airborne and other vehicle-assigned forces, along with a capacity to deploy […]
Indian military equipment manufacturer MKU is introducing at Defexpo a body armor integrated with a health monitoring system that provides effective, lightweight protection and supports the combatants with connectivity
A new weaponized robot developed by Israel's General Robotics represents a new breed of 'combat robots', to be unveiled at Eurosatory 2016 in Paris this month. The robot dubbed DOGO is designed to assist combat teams in close combat and counter-terror operations.
Seeking to increase the combat power of small dismounted teams, DARPA is studying the Massive Overmatch Assault Round (MOAR) as a way to enhance current man-portable infantry weapon systems with compact, multi-function precision engagement munitions. While some manufacturers address these capabilities with dedicated weapon systems, Saab is exploring enhancement for its proven M4 and AT4 weapon systems, to meet MOAR goals.
Eight startup companies that graduated today from the first class of Israel's Defense and HLS Accelerator demonstrated that developments of defense systems can sometime be quick and efficient. In only four months, these start up ventures have met significant milestones - proof of concept, prototype development, product design and development and capital funding. The second class has already started...
The German defense company Rheinmetall has teamed with Austrian arms manufacturer Steyr Mannlicher to manufacture and market the RS556 - a German version of the 5.56mm x 45 cal. modular assault rifle system based on Steyr's STM556. Rheinmetall positions the weapon as a proposed replacement for the current German military assault rifle - G36 made by Heckler & Koch.
The US Army selected the Sig Sauer P320 pistol for the Modular Handgun System (MHS), replacing the the service's Beretta M9 pistol that has been in service in the past 30 years. The $580 million contract announced yesterday covers procurement of some 280,000 handguns over 10 years.
Israel's missile pioneer Rafael Advanced Defense Systems Ltd. unveiled today the latest member of its Spike multi-purpose missile family - Spike LR II. The new weapon defined as the first "5th generation" variant of the Spike Family, is designed to defeat the toughest targets in the battlefield, modern main battle tanks, fast vehicles or bunkers.
The US Army is developing a futuristic heads-up display (HUD) that have the potential to empower the dismounted warfighter by laying a synthetic, game-like information and sensor overlay over the battlefield picture they currently experience.
Thales' F90MBR is a
Modular Bullpup Rifle, based on the proven F90, designed to support the modern integrated
solider. Photo: Thales
The ISDEF 2017 exhibition held June 6-8, 2017 in Tel Aviv was Israel’s largest defense event held in Israel. As in previous years, the focus of the exhibition was on interoperability and the diverse use of products by end users for various purposes. With more than 14,000 attendees and almost 300 exhibitors – 42 percent […]
A recent study conducted by the University of Michigan Human Neuromechanics Laboratory suggests that motion assisting exoskeleton utilizing the Knee-Stress Relief Device (K-SRD) can help battle-equipped soldiers to better perform in inclined terrain. K-SRD is part of the FORTIS system, the latest exoskeleton developed by on inclined terrain.
Meprolight is unveiling a new, multi-spectral EO weapon sight that combines an uncooled thermal channel with a sensitive, high-resolution digital day/night camera to provide the user effective situational awareness under all visibility conditions, including total darkness encountered in operations underground.